2020 Christmas Exhibition
St. Andrews Art Club Christmas Exhibition – 5-13 December 2020
Hopefully the following will come as good news at last even although we must all understand that the best laid plans can and do fail if circumstances (covid) dictate that they must. The art club committee has very carefully considered the situation and have prepared the clubrooms for an exhibition with social distancing at the forefront of everything. IF, by December, the powers that be say we cannot have such social interaction, we will consider alternative options.
Please read the following carefully as exhibition instructions are slightly different from usual.
4 submissions of which 3 guaranteed to be hung (only the main room will be used)
Framed or just mounted – maximum measurements are 20 x 24 inches including frame/mount. (1 may be NFS).
The usual £1 hanging fee per exhibit and 15% commission on sales.
Submission details – artist, medium, title, price – with secretary by 22 November. Please also send a photograph of your submissions – all to go onto club website. If this is difficult, photographs can be taken after hand-in.
Hand-in details will be issued nearer the time. There will have to be timed slots given to ensure social distancing within the clubrooms.
You will be glad to know that a very small team of committee members will shoulder the burden of invigilation in the clubrooms for the duration of the exhibition, to keep the number of people involved to a minimum.
Jean Le Maitre, Secretary, St. Andrews Art Club
Insurance of members’ work and the safety of personal items is the responsibility of each
individual. Damage incurred by Club property will be recompensated.
Enquiries: Moira Mukherjee 07794563454 Rota: Jean Le Maitre – 01334 476038
General rules for all Club Exhibitions
A - 5 works in total, any medium, framed or unframed of which
B - 1 work not larger than 36" x 24" including the frame or
C - 2 works not larger than 30"x30" including the frame
D - 1 may be NFS.
E - Hanging fee £1 per submission including NFS
F - Label on back with name, title, medium, price.
G - Same details to Secretary by date announced before each exhibition.
H - Rota duties 2 slots Easter & Christmas; 3 slots Summer.
PRIVATE EXHIBITION POLICY.
This Policy has been drawn up by the Committee with input from club members. The Policy will be on display on the Notice Board.
1. Only members of St. Andrews Art Club may hold private exhibitions of work for sale. When more than one artist is exhibiting, all artists must be Club members.
2. At the Committee's discretion, private exhibitions may be held after the Club Summer Exhibition and prior to the commencement of autumn classes/workshops. This is approximately a seven week period during August and the first three weeks of September. No private exhibitions are to be held in the period between the end of summer classes/workshops and the Club Summer Exhibition.
3.Requests for private exhibitions after the end of the deadline date, will be taken on a "first come, first served" basis.
4. Bookings can be requested for six day blocks only, running from 1 pm Friday until the following Thursday pm.
5. Following the Club Summer Exhibition the additional side screens will be left In place for private exhibitions and removed by the Committee prior to autumn classes. The Club exhibition centre screens will be unavailable for use. Club easels and wall space in the middle room may be used if required.
6. The charge for use of the Clubrooms for private exhibitions is £50 per (6 day week).
7. Club members holding private exhibitions are responsible for their own insurance. The Club insurance policy will cover the fabric of the building.
8. The Committee reserves the right to review and amend this policy.
Applications should be submitted before the 1st of January of the year in which the exhibition is planned.