Minutes of the latest committee meetings

17.12.20 @ 2PM

Present:  M. Mukherjee, P. Robertson, A. Smith, E.Craig, S. Hotho, J.Le Maitre, A. Stephens

Apologies: M. Christie

30.10.20 Minutes approved – Proposed: S. Hotho, Seconded: A. Stephens. Minutes filed.

Matters Arising:       a.         Christmas 2020 Exhibition

  1. Very successful with 31 sales – few on-line enquiries, many website hits.

  2. Nearly all sales via Sum-up card.

  3. Publicity was well-organised and helped by Citizen piece.  Distribution of fliers by hand & on-line effective.

  4. Website was much praised.  Management benefitted from daily up-loading as submission details came in.

  5. It was decided that on-line element of exhibition would remain live on-line until end January with artists dealing with any sales or enquiries themselves and repaying club 15% sales commission to club thereafter.  (Pictures of artists who are not willing to sell thus will be removed from website). Subsequent exhibitions (Easter, Summer) might adopt the same approach, leaving on-line element of exhibition viable for a further month after actual exhibition ends in clubrooms.

b.                     Discussion about setting up on-line tutorials, possibly with Zoom element, during spring 2021.  Regular tutors to be approached.

c.                     Recruitment of new committee members to be reviewed early 2021 before March AGM.

d.                     Breach of lane wall adjoining clubrooms – owner of house involved (Ivybank) has agreed to repair breach during summer 2021.  Art club is happy with this and does not intend to share any legal costs that may accrue if Print shop resorts to legal action.

Membership:                        Nothing to report                                                                                

Property:                     Annual check completed of Fire extinguishers and lavatory unblocked during Exhibition

 Treasurer:                  5% of 15% sales commission + donations donated to Store House -£60

A.O.C.B.                      Discussion about exhibition screens with various ideas suggested to reduce heavy moving in future. Committee to review 2021.

Next Meeting:           Friday 29 January 2021 @ 2 pm

 

 

ST. ANDREWS ART CLUB COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTE

FRIDAY 30 OCTOBER 2020 @ 2 PM IN CLUBROOMS

Present:  Moira Mukherjee, Jean Le Maitre, Pam Robertson, Sabine Hotho, Ann Smith. 

   Alan Stephens attended by invitation for website information.

Apologies:  Margo Christie, Liz Craig

11.9.20 Minutes approved – Proposed – Ann Smith;  Seconded – Sabine Hotho.

Matters Arising:     a.  2020 AGM cancelled because of virus restrictions.  All members asked

          i. rearrange autumn 2020 or ii. hold March 2021. Voting 51-7 in favour.

     b.  All-member survey available on club website

     c   i. On-line tutorials for October are now available on club website.  Feed back numbers recorded for times visited (not actual member numbers). 

          ii. More tutors will be approached and invited to provide video tutorials.  Also the possibility of a Zoom-type workshop to consolidate tutorial experience.  Members to be asked for views.

d.     Ailsa Primmer & Ian Cochrane have retired from committee.  Membership to be approached to join committee team to bring committee numbers up to strength – preferably 9 in total.

e.     Christmas exhibition:  sub-committee (M. Mukherjee, J. Le Maitre, L. Craig, P. Robertson, A. Stephens) discussed as follows:

                     Screens erected – A. Stephens & G. Le Maitre

                     22nd November submission details to Secretary.

                     30th November hand-in

                     4th December hang

                     5th -13th December exhibition – daily 10-4 Sunday 12-4.

                     All committee to share invigilation duties

                     Selling from walls and on-line.  On-line sales communicated to clubroom invigilators via telephone.

                     Usual 15 % commission of which 5% of sales donated to club charity Store House food bank. (Treasurer to donate from final sales sum).

                     Advertising poster to be circulated throughout town and all members asked to publicise via e-mail.

Membership:                       Nothing to report

Property:                                Nothing to report

Treasurer:                              Nothing to report

A.O.C.B.                                    Breach in wall opposite club rubbish bins.  Wall owner agreed to repair fully June 2021, having inserted door meantime. 

Date of next meeting:    Thursday 17 December @ 2 pm – to be confirmed.  (Delete 20.11.20)

ST. ANDREWS ART CLUB – COMMITTEE MEETING VIA ZOOM - FRIDAY 11 SEPTEMBER 2020

Present: Moira Mukherjee, Pam Robertson, Ian Cochrane, Liz Craig, Margo Christie, Ann Smith, Sabine Hotho, Ailsa Primmer, Jean Le Maitre

Apologies:  None

20.8.20 Minutes approval:  Approved 1. Liz Craig  2. Ann Smith

Matters Arising:       a.  2020 AGM – e-mail with options 1 & 2 (see Minutes 20.8.20) has been circulated to all club members. 

By 11.9.20 40 replies for Option 1 = 40 &  Option 2 = 5. Prompt and leave for further 14 days.

b.  Update for face to face classes/workshops.  Not yet.  Discussion about alternative forms art club could adopt to get around government restrictions but dismissed as unworkable.  Scottish gov. will reassess 5th October.

c.  On-line tutorials – a second set of 4 tutorials by popular demand.  Launch end-September.

d.  All-member survey being collated with data kept and maintained as members resign or join.

e. Brief discussion about on-line subs payment. Discuss again nearer to membership renewal date. (Treasurer/Membership secretary must know that payment has been made). Present system works well.

Membership Report:            nil

Property Report:                   nil

Treasurer’s Report:              Overall finances in healthy state allowing prizes for monthly competitions £440, July on-line tutorials £225. Small savings made during lock-down .ie. no paper towels, fewer hours for cleaner, no speaker fees.

A.O.C.B.                                i. It was decided that a physical Christmas exhibition should be advertised – 4-13 December.  This as much for membership morale with sales being an incidental aspect.  Firmer details to be circulated to all membership in due course.

                                                ii. Ailsa Primmer has asked to stand down from the committee. A temporary               replacement until AGM 2021 elections is being sought.

                                                iii. A suggestion that the club Minutes should be displayed on-line.  Agreed.  Also more club data on website after further thought re. data protection.

Date of Next Meetings:       Friday 30 October @ 2 pm;  Friday 20 November @ 2 pm

ST. ANDREWS ART CLUB - MINUTES OF MEETING HELD 20.8.20 @ 2 PM VIA ZOOM

Present: Pam Robertson, Alan Stephens, Ann Smith, Liz Craig, Sabine Hotho, Ian Cochrane, Ailsa Primmer, Moira Mukherjee   Apologies:  Margo Christie, Jean Le Maitre

Minutes:  31.7.20 Minutes approved – Proposer – S.Hotho  Seconder – A. Smith

Matters Arising:       A.         Alternative AGM arrangements:  2 Options suggested thus:

  1.  Accounts agreed and passed by committee.  Postpone 2020 AGM until 2021.

  2.  Virtual AGM via Zoom in September 2020 as follows:

Elected officers (President, Treasurer, Secretary) remain in role for reasons of accountability.

All other committee swop hats and become ordinary members to receive reports, present accounts.They confirm officers and elect VP.

Written versions of reports put on web and/or circulated to all members prior to meeting with written queries being invited prior to meeting and then presented to committee members (as ordinary members) and addressed by elected officers.

The session can be recorded and hopefully uploaded to website.  Members who wish to be included in Zoom AGM can apply but for reasons of practicality, numbers will be limited to 5 via ballot if necessary.

B.         Re-opening of face to face classes in September.  Tutors views on teaching classes.  UK Gov. guidelines state clubs or groups may meet in COVID-19 secure venues.  St. Andrews Art Club has set out appropriate secure measures. Scottish Gov. have not issued similar guidelines. 

C.         On-line tutor feed-back:  140 views to date.  Feed-back responses optional but 10 received, mostly positive.  4 further on-line tutorials to be requested.

D.        On-line exhibitions:  club website can run this but idea put on hold meantime.

E.         Members’ survey feed-back:  101 responses (83 named).  Info to be collated into data base held by club.  Feed-back given to members in due course.

F.         Changes to Membership Renewal date:  majority agreed to move renewal date to later in year but decision need not be finalised until end of year 2020.

Class Secretary Report, M’ship Secretary Report, Property Report - all nothing to report

Treasurer Report:     Written information re. smaller size class-workshop fee structure.  Decision to be made re. viable class numbers.

A.O.C.B.

Next Meeting:                       Friday 11 September 2020 @ 2 pm

ST. ANDREWS ART CLUB

MINUTES OF COMMITTEE MEETING

 31.7.20 @ 2 PM IN CLUBROOMS

Present:  Moira Mukherjee, Sabine Hotho, Margo Christie, Pam Robertson, Jean Le Maitre, 

               Liz Craig.

Apologies: Ian Cochrane, Ann Smith, Ailsa Primmer, Alan Stephens

Minutes Approval:  Minutes of 1.7.20 meeting Proposed S. Hotho Seconded M. Christie

Matters Arising:         i. All-member questionnaire – review after closing date 14.8.20

                                    ii. On-line exhibitions – review as above

                                    iii. Facebook policy statement –

a. no political statements

b. no promotional charitable fund-raising. 

iv. Re-opening of room for general use: Risk assessment policy to be agreed first.

Class Secretary Report: - no report (on-line tutorial videos to be approved by committee)

Property Report: - the clubrooms are insured for a further year costing approx.. £503

Membership Report: Possible change of Membership renewal from March to

          July/August 2021 giving existing members extra 4 months missed 2020.

          To be discussed in due course.

Treasurer Report:      i. Scottish Power has refunded £400 credit amassed from direct debits.

                                  ii. Discussion about class numbers/fee within social distance measures:

                                        Class numbers limited to 6 max: 10 week fee £100; 5 week fee £50

                                        Workshop (1 day) 6 max £25

A.O.C.B.:                  i.  Tea/coffee/biscuit provision suspended for social distance period.

                                  ii. Cancelled March AGM due to social distancing measures – confirm

                                         position with OSCR re. holding replacement AGM.

 

Next Meetings:           Thursday 20 August @ 2 pm

                                    Friday 11 September @ 2 pm 

 © 2019 Alan Stephens